We accept native files from the most common desktop publishing programs (QuarkXPress and InDesign). We also accept files in Photoshop, Illustrator, and PDF format. Other formats may be acceptable. Please call for more information.
If you have color, type, or images extending to the edge of your document please be sure to extend it 1/8” beyond the edge. This ensures you will not have any white along the edges.
300 DPI RESOLUTION
To achieve sharp bright colors on images we require them to be 300 DPI at 100%. Most images taken from the internet are only 72 DPI which will result in poor quality if printed.
RGB VS CMYK
- RGB (Red, Green, Blue) is a color space used by monitors, digital cameras, scanners, and some desktop printers.
- CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) is the color space used by printing presses.
Issues in commercial printing projects arise from the fact that the RGB color space does not correspond exactly to the CMYK color space. It is, therefore, possible for you to see colors on your monitor that cannot be reproduced on the press. Converting to CMYK will allow you to see exactly what colors will be printed.
PREPARATION CHECKLIST FOR PRINT READY FILES
- Be sure that all files have been converted to CMYK. We can do a conversion for you, however, the results may not be what you are visualizing and may be at an additional cost.
- Be sure all images are 300 DPI.
- Black type should be 100% black only.
- Never use “Registration” color.
- Double Check for rich black.
- Text should be at least ¼” inside the cut lines.
- Please provide 1/8” for bleed.
- When gathering files, make sure you include the native documents, photos, images, and fonts.
- When making PDF’s please use the Press Quality setting and embed all fonts and include bleed.